ATREG FACILITATES SALE OF MAXIM’S SAN JOSE 200MM FAB
ATREG is pleased to announce that it has successfully advised Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (NASDAQ:MXIM) with regard to the sale of its operational 200mm R&D fab. The facility, located in San Jose, Calif., right next to Samsung’s new global headquarters, was sold within only six months of the site coming on the market.
“We are delighted to have facilitated yet another successful outcome for our client Maxim,” explains Stephen Rothrock, President & CEO of ATREG. “This 200mm cleanroom facility is one of only a handful left on the market. As global demand for connected devices rises with the advent of Internet of Things, we predict there will be a shortage of 200mm manufacturing capacity in the foreseeable future.”
The San Jose fab was offered with a Class 1 cleanroom and a complete tool line. It is capable of producing a wide array of products at multiple technology nodes down to 90nm.
In its 16 years in business, ATREG has sold over 30 operational fabs on behalf of technology companies all over the world.
SEASON’S GREETINGS FROM THE ATREG TEAM!
With 2015 soon coming to an end, the ATREG team joins me in wishing you a very festive holiday season! On behalf of our valued clients, we will be making donations to the following local and international non-profit organizations:
- The Society of St. Vincent de Paul who, for the past 180 years, has been leading individuals to join together to offer person-to-person service to the poor and the suffering
- Wellspring Family Services, one of Seattle’s oldest multi-service agency serving low-income and vulnerable individuals, children, and families in the Seattle area
- Global Partnerships, an international impact investor with the mission to expand opportunity for people living in poverty via micro-financing
- L’Arche International, an international federation dedicated to the creation and growth of homes, programs, and support networks for people with and without intellectual disabilities to live mutual relationships, share daily life, and build a community together
- Friends of Seattle Mombasa Schools whose mission is to increase understanding about school communities and the lives of the students, teachers, and families in Kenya
Wishing you and yours health, happiness, and success in 2016!
The ATREG Team
CONNECT WITH ATREG AT Q1 2016 INDUSTRY EVENTS
If your company is planning the disposition or acquisition of infrastructure-rich advanced technology manufacturing assets in 2016, ATREG is here to help!
You can leverage our unique blend of deep market knowledge, extensive industry relationships, and global transaction expertise to help you drive strategic decisions, achieve their transaction objectives, and maximize your ROI. Our complex transactions encompass semiconductor fabs, cleanrooms, and technology campuses anywhere in the world, including land, buildings, intellectual property (IP), complete tool lines, and business unit elements (supply contracts, workforce, etc.)
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment with one of our advisors at any of the following Q1 2016 industry events:
- Industry Strategy Symposium (ISS) 2016, January 10-13, Half Moon Bay, USA
- GSF 2016, March 9-11, Shanghai, China
- SEMI China 2016, March 15-17, Shanghai, China
We look forward to seeing you there!